At 10:42 AM 8/13/2003, Subir Sengupta wrote:
Use the -compile argument.

At 10:42 AM 8/13/2003, Steph Richardson wrote:
Otherwise, JspC will not create .class files for you, but the java files that JspC creates can just be compiled with javac, using
Tomcat's classpath

Here's the thing. Setting -compile flag forces JspC to call Compiler.compile(). I'm already making this call (I'm actually bypassing JspC, setting all the options and contexts myself and calling Compiler.compile() directly). Compiler.compile() makes a call to generateClass() which in turn invokes Ant's javac task to compile the file. The task completes with no errors or exceptions; I'm stepping through the execution in a debugger and I can see that 'success' flag is set to true upon the javac's completion. Yet there is no .class file to be found anywhere.

Dmitry