Hello List... newbie question coming up:

If I set up a jdbc connection object in one servlet, do I have to close it each time
or can the same connection be re-utilized by other servlets each using a different sql
statement (perhaps storing the connection as a session attribute?).

Is there a significant resource saving by not creating a JDBC connection object for
each database access?

I'm thinking of storing a connection for each user in the session, as opposed to
pooling - primarily because I'm not sure how a database pool works nor how to set it
up.  Should I do a re-think on this?

I'm using one postgresql 7.3.3

thanks
/j-p.