Hi,

        I'm totally clueless about this right now, but if someone could
answer the following:

        How does Tomcat compare to the servlet engine in iPlanet Netscape
server?
                Do they perform the same function?

        If I'm using the java servlet engine only in iPlanet, what do I
substitue with?  Jakarta with Tomcat?
                Apache with Tomcat?  How do I integrate these two? shareable
module?

        Do any of Jakarta, Apache, Tomcat, etc, support JDK 1.3?

        (Please, if you can see where I'm coming from, feel free to give a
verbose answer and extrapolate as
        you see fit.)

        Thank you,

        Paul P.