Hello Robert!

RP> Thanks for the information Anton. But just getting rid of umlauts or other
RP> international characters is not an option when you have clients that use
RP> your software in other countries, that have those special characters. We
RP> cannot rename user files or changed that data. That would be very, very, bad
RP> :)

Well, getting rid of them was only my second suggestion.
The first one was that we should make sure they all
get %xy encoded in the url.

So, first of all, have you detected if it
is your browser or Tomcat to blame?

I advice you to spy the traffic and see for yourself what
you browser is sending.

Is the browser sending non-ascii chars as '?'-s?
Is the browser sending them as raw 8-bit text?
Is the browser %xy-encoding them?

(The last will be the effect we want.
All other don't meet our needs).

As I've said before the methods to spy these (the methods that I
have know, there should be others :-) are on my page
at tagunov.tripod.com. If you can supply this info -- what is
the browser actually sending -- we will be able to move further
on with your needs.

Good luck!

Anton