*feeling n00bish :o

I just realized it is would be more handy if you put the jar in a dir where it would not try to include itself when compressing :P

so replace ${build.home}/${app.version}.war with plain ${app.version}.war

And yes, thank you, i love talking to myself :P

drm wrote:
Hi all :)

First post here, so don't bomb me if i do anything wrong :P

After downloading and installing Tomcat 5.0 beta i discovered an error in the build.xml file provided in that section.

The target "install" misses the action to create a war file, and deploying that war file in/on/to (?) the server.

I solved it this way:

---snip---
  <target name="install" depends="compile"
   description="Install application to servlet container">
    <!-- added -->
      <jar jarfile="${build.home}/${app.version}.war"
           basedir="${build.home}"/>
    <!-- /added -->

<!--
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] now points
   to the just created war
   file (ofcourse ;))
-->

    <deploy url="${manager.url}"
       username="${manager.username}"
       password="${manager.password}"
           path="${app.path}"
            war="${build.home}/${app.version}.war"/>
  </target>
---snip---

Maybe it's all wrong, (if so, please let me know how to do better ;)) but that's not my point. Maybe the guys over there creating and managing these docs can provide a better build.xml file :) I searched my ass of (being new to Ant and all :)) how to solve that weird "ZipException"...

Cheers in advance :)

drm