From: drm [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 3:59 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: [tomcat 5.0 docs] Application Developer's Guide: build.xml
file

*feeling n00bish :o

I just realized it is would be more handy if you put the jar in a dir
where it would not try to include itself when compressing :P

so replace ${build.home}/${app.version}.war with plain

${app.version}.war

And yes, thank you, i love talking to myself :P

drm wrote:

Hi all :)

First post here, so don't bomb me if i do anything wrong :P

After downloading and installing Tomcat 5.0 beta i discovered an

error

in the build.xml file provided in that section.

The target "install" misses the action to create a war file, and
deploying that war file in/on/to (?) the server.

I solved it this way:

---snip---
 <target name="install" depends="compile"
  description="Install application to servlet container">
   <!-- added -->
     <jar jarfile="${build.home}/${app.version}.war"
          basedir="${build.home}"/>
   <!-- /added -->

<!--
  [EMAIL PROTECTED] now points
  to the just created war
  file (ofcourse ;))
-->

   <deploy url="${manager.url}"
      username="${manager.username}"
      password="${manager.password}"
          path="${app.path}"
           war="${build.home}/${app.version}.war"/>
 </target>
---snip---

Maybe it's all wrong, (if so, please let me know how to do better ;))
but that's not my point. Maybe the guys over there creating and

managing

these docs can provide a better build.xml file :) I searched my ass

of

(being new to Ant and all :)) how to solve that weird

"ZipException"...

Cheers in advance :)

drm

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged. This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else. If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender. Thank you.