On Sun, October 5, 2003 1at 2:44 am, Remy Maucherat sent the following
> If there's a clear confirmation of this, a recommendation not to use Sun
> JDKs on Linux would be added in the release notes.

I can't say I agree with this as I have about half a dozen machines
running Tomcat on a Linux 2.4 kernel along with various Sun JDKs, and I
have never experienced a JVM hang in the past year.

However, none of these machines are running anything later than RedHat
7.3, a few are running Debian.  All are running various almost vanilla 2.4
kernels since the 2.4.14 release.  All now are running 2.4.20 or higher.

If anything, instead of recommending to stay away from Linux and Sun JDK
combos, I would simply add it as a comment or FAQ until there is hard
documented evidence of a specific combination which causes problems.

-Dave