Noam Camiel wrote:
On Thursday, October 09, 2003 5:11 PM "Ryan Lissack"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Noam,

We have experienced similar problems.  You will notice in the thread dump
that there is no thread from the connectors thread pool waiting on an
accept

I see your what you mean, I compared the thread dump to a "good" dump when
the server is operational and there indeed I found a thread from the
connectors thread pool waiting on accept:

3XMTHREADINFO      "http80-Processor24" (TID:0x100688E0,
sys_thread_t:0x87810C0, state:R, native ID:0x41CCCF40) prio=5
4XESTACKTRACE          at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native
Method)

This does not appear to exist in the "bad" dump.

It is very surprising that the connector will manage to exit the accept loop without logging some kind of error (which would be in catalina.out, rather than in the main logs). Do you see some stack trace originating from the PoolTcpEndpoint or ThreadPool classes ?

What OS are you on, RH9??

Yes, Im on RH9.

Any ideas why this could happen?  could it be some system resource limit?
Is your application an intensive app? My application is not an intensive one
and the hangs occur hours after i start the server (usually a day later).

No idea at this point. Most (all) such reports were for RH 9. All also mention a period of about a day before an incident.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Re'my Maucherat