Howdy,

>What I would like to do is to use a variable in the attributes of the
>Logger definition (either prefix or suffix). I don't know if I could do
it
>using XSL (and if I could, I don't know how to) or if you have a better
>idea. Is there another Logger Nested Component I can use that aware
about
>hostname, servername or any other parameter I can pass to it.

It's funny you ask with this timing -- we were just discussing on the
tomcat-dev list adding system properties to server.xml ;)  That would be
useful here.

But for now, you can:
- Put any string you want in the logger prefix or suffix
- Extend org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger to support variables like
you want via additional XML attributes on the <Logger> element

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.