Running Tomcat 4.1.27, I'm currently deploying via the "install" task in the Ant script supplied with Tomcat, so all my files reside outside of the Tomcat directory. Otherwise, everything's pretty normal (Tomcat resides in C:\tomcat).

Just for curiosity's sake, could I find out what methods there are (instead of only what someone thinks is best?). 6 months down the road my situation might change (this is still in development & real deployment might be different) and it'd be nice to know what my options are. Suggestions for which method is best are of course still welcome.

Thanks
Jason

Justin Ruthenbeck wrote:

Yes, it is possible. Give us an idea of your deployment setup (are you deploying as a .war file? Using default root paths? Anything special?) and we can suggest the best way to go about doing it.

justin