It's not that it's difficult, but I think the questions, as asked, are a
bit too sly for their own good.  People don't necesssarily react well to
'trick' questions.  If the question is phrased in such a way that it
makes a 'qualified' candidate think "Oh my god, these QUESTIONS are
wrong"... then how do they feel comfortable answering them without
seeming too arrogant?

They either answer the question "they" would have asked, if the
situation were reversed (and since no-one is a mind reader, perhaps
they'll get it wrong)

or they'll try to describe the 3 or 4 things *wrong* with the
question...(and end up answering some variant of the 'actual' question
in that process)

Or maybe they'll think those approaches are too arrogant, and would
worry that to the poser of the question, it would be "telling him his
job".

know what I mean?