You don't need to set your classpath. Tomcat does that for you.

You should double check that your JAVA_HOME environment variable is set
properly. From the command line type: %JAVA_HOME%\bin\javac
You should see a menu of switches for the compiler.
If not, check to see where your JAVA_HOME environment variable is pointing by
typing: echo %JAVA_HOME%

You might also want to get tomcat working as a standalone before integrating
with Apache to cut down on the number of simultaneous issues to be debugged.
http://localhost:8080/examples