I don't know how it is with SWF files. But other technologies like
PDF work with byte range requests to start the display of the
first page before the full dokument is there.

These feature is nothing you will find in the fileformat. (At
least not in PDF) This is just a way to get the file with the
given format from the server to the client.

My remark was just a warning, that something like that can
happen.