> I don't know how it is with SWF files. But other technologies like
> PDF work with byte range requests to start the display of the
> first page before the full dokument is there.
(Ralph Einfeldt)

Oops! Flash does show frames as they come in, before the whole swf file is
downloaded...

> My remark was just a warning, that something like that can
> happen.
(Ralph Einfeldt)

Yes, and i don't know anything about that, so i must be careful.
What is the consequence, if flash uses byte range requests and i simply write the file
to the output stream?

Best regards,
Carlos Pereira