Be careful in sending to this list. There were multiple messages of the
same post. Answers within.

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Joaquin Corchero wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I hope someone can help me
>
> After having a look to your url. I've to say that I think I'm closer to a
> solution, but I haven't arrived yet.
>
> I haven't achieved yet to make apache and tomcat work together.
>
> I followed the steps to setup apache nonssl, tomcat and mod_jk because I had
> java already installed and I work with mysql and I think I don't need any of
> the other packages that you mention in the url.
>
> After following your instructions I found two steps a bit estrange that I
> don't understand:
>
> 1)
> Directly below this line in "/usr/local/tomcat/WEB-INF/server.xml"
> <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps">
> Add this line
> <Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
> append="true" forwardAll="false"
>  modJk="/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so" />
>
> Do you mean that I need to create a folder called WEB-INF and introduce a
> copy of server.xml?

No, that was typo. Funny you mention it, I changed it yesterday on the
site:
Proper location: /usr/local/tomcat/conf/server.xml

> 2) In the same paragraph you have this:
> Create file "/usr/local/tomcat/workers.properties" with these contents:
> # Setting Tomcat & Java Home
> workers.tomcat_home=/usr/local/tomcat
> workers.java_home=/usr/local/java/java
> ps=/
> worker.list=ajp13
> worker.ajp13.port=8009
> worker.ajp13..host=localhost:443
> worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
>
> But the default location for the workers file (or the location that
> "everybody " uses) is /usr/local/tomcat/conf/jk/workers.properties. Do you
> mean that I need to create another workers .properties?

You're right, it should be /usr/local/tomcat/conf/jk/workers.properties.

> Anyway is what I created the new file and I copied the same content in the
> other workers but I'm not sure if the line worker.ajp13..host=localhost:443
> should be worker.ajp13..host=localhost:80 because I'm not using SSL.

That line is unncessary with talking to apache. It should read like the
following:
worker.list=ajp13
worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=localhost
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13

I'll make these changes today on my site. Sorry for the confusion. Check
John Turner's site if you want for double-checking, which there is a link
on my site to.

Good luck,
Oscar