Yansheng,
Then why does a session gets created again in the response stage?
Does tomcat need that for anything?  That's annoying!

I invalidate the session at the end of execute() method in my Struts Action class since I don't need it anymore, then I trace
the code back to RequestDispatcher.java in javax.servlet, only
to realize that the session was created again.

If you don't have:

<%@ page session="false" @>

... at the top of your page, then the JSP might create your session for you. This is because (I think) that session="true" is the default. If you want a session (or accept the default), then the resulting Java code has no choice but to include code to get the session.

It it annoying that you can't specify session="isAlredyExists" or something like that...

-chris