I've just written a Servlet to send a redirect (not a
forward/include) using the HTTP REDIRECT protocol, which used to be
possible using HttpServletResponse.sendRedirect():

res.sendRedirect("http://www.home.page.com/help/");

instead, it comes out as a RequestDispatcher 'forward' request, and I get
a message like:

404 /AppContext/www.home.page.com/help/ FILE NOT FOUND

Presumably, the reason for putting this in place was to optimise the
sendRedirects to use RequestDispatcher instead; however, it does break the
existing spec if this is done with a full URL.

Has this been unfixed in Tomcat 4?

Alex.

|*       Alex Blewitt       * Hug, and the world hugs with you *|
|*  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *                                  *|
|* Mobile: +44 7966 158 647 *    Spread a little happiness     *|