> Well, if you can use it then you have been successful. Can you use it or
> can't you?

Yes and no :)

> > However, when I try to do the same using apache/mod_webapp, I am unable
> > to get a connection.
>
> The use of mod_webapp should not interfere with any CP stuff.

Well, that's what I thought.  But like I said, I could use my datasource
just fine via 8080, but got a "not found" error when trying to use
anything Connection-related via mod_webapp. Weird.

> If you are using a Realm with your JNDI datasource, then you'll have to
> have the DataSource defined at the global level. That's what I found
> while doing the same thing. You can define the Realm at the Context
> level, but you'll need a reference to the global datasource in the
> context, and then another reference in your web.xml to the same thing.

Tried it, but no joy.  I finally got with the times and replaced
mod_webapp with mod_jk, and voila, everthing works (without changing
 anything in my configuration files -- except for the new connector stuff
of course)  In the meantime I found a number of threads that hinted at the
same problems I was experiencing.  I think I'm better off without
mod_webapp.

Thanks for the reply!  I appreciate it!

Cheers,
Bill