Quoting Thyago Lisboa Mota <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi,
>
>     I am facing a problem with jsessionid and I hope u guys can help me.  I
> have 2 tomcat (4.1.29 version) configurations, one at W2K (for develop) and
> another at Linux Red Hat (for production).  The W2K one is working just fine.
>  But with the Linux one I always receive the same ID for the jsessionid, no
> matter how many times I refresh the page.  Bellow is the JSP scriptlet I am
> using for test purpose (file "Session.jsp" saved at webapps\ROOT ):
>
> <%
>  out.println("Session ID: " + session);
>  out.println("<BR>Date: " + session.getAttribute("date"));
>  session.setAttribute("date", new java.util.Date());
>  out.println("<br><a href=\"" + response.encodeURL("session.jsp") + "\">Click
> here</a>");
> %>

Provided you have this declared in your JSP:

<%@ page language="java" import="java.util.Date, java.util.Enumeration" %>

You might try to get session info with the following scriptlet:

<%

        // print session info

        Date created = new Date(session.getCreationTime());
        Date accessed = new Date(session.getLastAccessedTime());
        out.print("ID: " + session.getId() + "<br />");
        out.print("Created: " + created + "<br />");
        out.print("Last Accessed: " + accessed + "<br />");
        out.print("<br />Attribute names : <br />");

        Enumeration e = session.getAttributeNames();
        while (e.hasMoreElements()) {
            out.print(e.nextElement() + "<br />");
        }
        %>

>   If I test this code from the Linux Tomcat Server (just typing
> http://myserver/session.jsp ) jsessionid doesn´t change each time a refresh
> the page...
Isn't it the way it should work ? Keeping a single session between requests ?
But I only have RedHat Linux, for dev. and prod. ;)