I don't have any idea of how to edit the web.xml file. Any pointers would be helpful.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Navanee,

Please check and edit the \WEB-INF\web.xml file, which holds the mappings.
After that, you will only need
http://localhost/your_servlet_urlname_from_web.xml

Kostas Harvatis
-----
National Center for Social Research - Directorate of Research Support
www.ekke.gr

----- Original Message ----- From: "Navanee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 9:11 AM Subject: Re: Servlets -- help needed

Schalk,

I wrote a java program (HelloWWW.java) and placed the file in this path:
C:\Program Files\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27\webapps\examples\WEB-INF\classes
I also compiled that java code. Compilation was successful.

I tried to execute that servlet in the browser using this link :
http://localhost:8080/examples/WEB-INF/classes/HelloWWW

But it is giving 404 (file not found) error. Why is it so?

How can i access these files in the browser ..?
Means, what link should i give in the browser ?

-- Navanee