Hi Justin

> Lots of Debian users compile just about everything from souds.  I don't think
> that he means just Tomcat.  A lot of us recompile our kernel from source, our
> compiler from source, and so forth.  A lot of Linux users pick debian because
> it has a flexible package manager that will put up with us tinkering with our
> systems.

Thanks for that clarification.

Do you recompile Java too?

Really what I was asking (or hoping to get some pointer to :-) was what kind
of changes one might want to make in the Tomcat source before recompiling
it?

I am not expecting a nuts and bolts answer to this question - just some
general pointers.

Regards

Harry Mantheakis
London, UK