Hi timo,

Did as told again. I am having the index.jsp(the code
belonging to u) in the path ,
"C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
5.0\webapps\Sancha"

Typed "http://127.0.0.1:8080/Sancha/";; in the URL,

Got this error message

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that
prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Wrapper cannot find servlet
class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp or a class it depends on

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:164)

org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:209)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:781)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:549)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:589)

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:666)
    java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

root cause

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jsp.index_jsp

org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1365)

org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1212)

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:164)

org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:209)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:781)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:549)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:589)

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:666)
    java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in
the Tomcat logs.

Awaiting your help in anticipation.

bfn