Really?

With all due respect, I have to totally disagree.  You can use the
Coyote Connector with mod_jk, and really should do so.  The
Ajp13Connector has had an exception at startup time and problems
shutting down since about 4.1.18.  It is an easy fix - I submitted a
patch for it, only a simple change to an XML document.  But, I was told
at the time that since the connector is deprecated and that the Coyote
connector works quite well, that it would not be fixed.

Our experience with the Coyote Connector and mod_jk has been fine so
far.  We are using Apache as the web server.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/26/03 9:48:14 AM >>>
If you are going to use the mod_jk connector, I would stick with the
old
AJP connector. If you are going to use the mod)jk2 connector, use the
newer Coyote connector.

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 08:44, Antony Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>     I am trying configure Tomcat 4.1.27 + IIS on win2k. In server.xml
there
> are two entries namely
> <!-- Define a Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 --> and <!--
Define
> an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
> which one is to uncommented.
>
> rgds
> Antony Paul.

Jeff Tulley  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., The Leading Provider of Net Business Solutions
http://www.novell.com