Hello !

This whole question about sharing the session cookies or not when you open a new window seems a bit unnecessary to me. I often want to test using two users and not share the cookies, but I just open a different browser, e.g. if I'm using Mozilla, I open IE or Netscape4 or Firebird or Opera. So there's up to five seperate sessions you can have without even having to think about it.

I think it is worth the discussion. I am a Web-Application developer and our users loves it to login to our application multiple times. I do not want to
1) Create a profile for each instance
2) Install multiple browsers

Both is hard in support.

On the other hand, we have implemented different applications, where every application has its own login. Having the same session-cookie, login is
1) not possible, since there is another application already active with this session
or
2) destroys the session values of the first application

However, session-cookie handling like IE should be IMHO possible with Mozilla at all.
If you press Ctrl-N in IE you use the same session-cookie (even if i do not like this behaviour, i can live with).

At least, if i start IE again (via Icon on Desktop) a new session cookie will be retrieved. This is what Mozilla should do too.

Mario