From: Jones, Stephen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 12:52 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: best way to handle Servlets+JSPs+multiple Frames?

In our product, we use forms to POST user input data. We usually send the
input to another JSP page, but I don't see why this would not work for a
servlet's doPost(HttpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse) method.

e.g.:
        <form name="ReqAttMod" id="ReqAttMod" method="POST"
action="UserMod_Ctl.jsp" target="_top">
                <% /* form stuff here, buttons, textfields, etc */ %>
        </form>

When the servlet has made its controller-decisions, it then performs a
URL-redirect to the new HTML frameset desired (sURL), according to biz
logic, e.g.:

        response.setStatus(HttpServletResponse.SC_MOVED_TEMPORARILY);
        response.setHeader("Location", sURL);

(this is a cookie-safe redirect)

I'm sure there are other ways, as well.
Steve