From: Sebastian Schulz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 10:07 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: best way to handle Servlets+JSPs+multiple Frames?

hi,

i want to develop a WebApplication
using Servlets+JSPs+JavaBeans.
(MVC)

So far no problems.

But on client-side i need a frame-based solution.
Every Frame itself is a JSP. The following i need to
get working as smart as possible:

User-action at one Frame causes the Servlet to change
this but also all the other JSP-Frames acording to the
current action.

I know i can do this by including a JavaScript-Function
which produces a request for every Frame to the Servlet.

This sucks because of:
- i need JavaScript
- it is not smart and will lead to bad performance because of multiple,
  redundant requests
- it is quite dangerous for some (altering) operations, which
  shold take place only one times!

so i would be very glad, if someone have a more elegant solution!
may be there is a "best way" for this kind of problem...
thanks in advance.

bAs T.