If I define a resource in <GlobalNamingResources> (in server.xml) I can use this
resource in my web-application only if I use <ResourceLink> in my context. So it seems
to me it isn't possible to use a resource defined in <GlobalNamingResources> unless I
permit the use with a <ResourceLink> in the context or the engine.

Is this right??

Because I didn't find a sentence about this in the tomcat docs!

Is this behaviour specified somewhere or is it subject to change?

This behavoiur is important to me, becaue I will explicitely permit (or deny) the
access to a global resource per context. Its a security problem.

Thanks
Gernot