Pfingstl Gernot wrote:
If I define a resource in <GlobalNamingResources> (in server.xml) I
can use this resource in my web-application only if I use
<ResourceLink> in my context. So it seems to me it isn't possible to
use a resource defined in <GlobalNamingResources> unless I permit the
use with a <ResourceLink> in the context or the engine.

Is this right??

Indeed. You can add the ResourceLink in a DefaultContext with 5.0, for convinience, if, for example, you want to allow it in a whole virtual host. I don't remember if I ported the feature and if it's also in 4.1.29.

Is this behaviour specified somewhere or is it subject to change?

No, it's not subject to a change. I think it's implied: nowhere it is written that global resources define stuff in the webapp naming contexts.

This behavoiur is important to me, becaue I will explicitely permit
(or deny) the access to a global resource per context. Its a security
problem.

That's the reason behind the ResourceLink.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat