Hello All:

Please excuse my ignorance, I'm trying to achieve clustering with Tomcat
5....I've read the following in the Tomcat 5 documentation:

=====

To run session replication in your Tomcat 5 container, the following
steps should be completed:
    -->All your session attributes must implement java.io.Serializable

=======

Okay. I've completed all the other steps (uncomment the <Cluster>
element along with the <valve>, and added the <distributable/> in
web.xml)........I'm trying to code a simple object that implements
java.io.Serializable to store in a session and here it is.....

package com.shawmut.session;

import java.io.Serializable;

public class SerializeSession implements Serializable {

            public static String testString  = "";

            public void setString(String stringValue){

                        this.testString = stringValue;

            }

            public String getString(){

                        return this.testString;

            }

}

ok.....Now I want to put this in the session.....

<%

            if(session.getAttribute("ss")== null){

                        SerializeSession ss = new SerializeSession();

                        ss.setString("Booooooooooooooo! And I created my
session on Tomcat 1 Node");

                        session.setAttribute("ss", ss);

            }

%>

Whats going on here?.....I unplug the patch cord ( docs says it's a bad
idea) from one of the boxes and hit a jsp on the working node that does
the following......and the session doesn't carry over to the working
node....

<%

if(session.getAttribute("ss")!= null){

            SerializeSession ss2 =
(SerializeSession)session.getAttribute("ss");

%>

SESSION:<%=ss2.getString()%>

<%

}

%>

Basically what I'm looking for is an example of serializing session
attributes as noted above.... Any Help here will be greatly
appreciated......

Russ