I wrote a free utility that makes this quite a bit easier. Hope this
helps:

http://web.bvu.edu/staff/david/tcservcfg/

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/20/03 9:33 AM >>>
I am current running Tomcat 5.0.16 standalone on Windows XP Pro.  I
would like to install it as a Windows service.  All the documentation I
can find dismisses it by saying that you are asked if you want it to run

it as a service by the installer.

The Tomcat 4.1 binary came as an .exe and had an installer; but the
5.0.16 binaries are offered as a ZIP file without installer.  Any
suggestions for how to install 5.0.16 as a Windows service?

Merrill Cornish