If you have a "Dr. Watson" log, I would be interested in seeing it.  You can
either send it to me privately, (better) post it to
[EMAIL PROTECTED], or attach it to a Bugzilla report.
<obvious-security-disclaimer>
You should delete all reports except those for 'tomcat.exe' before posting.
I could personally care less what programs have crashed on your machine (but
you have to trust me on that :).  However, there are black-hats out there
that would love to know this kind of stuff.
</obvious-security-disclaimer>

In case I've been too scary :), I'm signing this so that you always have the
option of sending the log to me encrypted.

"Merrill Cornish" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Jacob,
>
> I tried your batch file for installing Tomcat 5 as a Windows service.  I
had to edit it to put double quotes around %EXECUTABLE% since my Tomcat is
located under the \Program Files\ directory and the space in the pathname
was messing up the command line parsing.

> With my standalone Tomcat stopped, the batch file runs fine (i.e., no
output to STDERR, no error messages to STDOUT, ends by saying Tomcat is
installed), but the following error dialog pops up:

> Apache Process Runner
> Apache Process Runner has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We
are sorry for the inconvenience. ... Please tell Microsoft about this
problem. ... [Send Error Report]/[Don't Send]

> There is no Apache Tomcat5 service in the services list.
>
> I tried rebooting and running the batch file from a clean system, but the
same thing happened.  Any ideas?