Hello,

  I have successfully integrated Apache v2.0.40 with tomcat v5.0.12 using
jk2 under Linux RH9 :-)  Everything works fine using straight mapping.  So,
when I want to use the manager (just playing around for now) I enter
http://hostname/manager/html and I am presented with the Tomcat manager page
:)

NOW here comes the problem, I would like to reference the Tomcat manager
page as http://hostname/tomcat/manager and have the same page presented.
What I do not want to do is alter the webapp deployment descriptor (web.xml)
file.  I would like to alias (somehow) the context, or URI, in apache only.
I was thinking of something like this:

# Define the Manager proxy that comes with Tomcat
[uri:/tomcat/manager/*]
context=/manager
info=Manager prefix mapping

But, after frustrating attempts I cannot seem to get it correct.  I have
search the mail archives and a few people have asked similar questions, but
I have not see any replies.  Hope someone can help me ...

Here is my simple workers2.properties file:

[logger]
level=DEBUG

#[uriMap:]
#info=Maps the requests. Options: debug
#debug=0

# Alternate file logger
[logger.file:0]
level=DEBUG
file=/home/www/runtime/logs/jk2.log

[shm:]
info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with multiprocess
servers
file=/home/www/runtime/run/jk2.shm
size=1000000
debug=0
disabled=0

[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
debug=5
tomcatId=localhost:8009

[status:]
info=Status worker, displays runtime informations

[uri:/jkstatus/*]
info=Display status information and checks the config file for changes.
group=status:

# Define the servlet examples proxy that comes with Tomcat
[uri:/servlets-examples/*]
info=Servlet prefix mapping

# Define the JSP examples proxy that comes with Tomcat
[uri:/jsp-examples/*]
info=JSP prefix mapping

# Define the Administration proxy that comes with Tomcat
[uri:/admin/*]
info=Admin prefix mapping

# Define the Manager proxy that comes with Tomcat
[uri:/manager/*]
context=/manager
info=Manager prefix mapping

Regards,