From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: December 31, 2003 1:52 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Apache Tomcat and Context help

Howdy,
You probably already know this is easily done by modifying manager.xml to
use a different context path ("/tomcat/manager" instead of "/manager").  But
you want to do it on the Apache side.  You could use mod_rewrite to forward
/manager to /tomcat/manager or vice versa.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

So,
>when I want to use the manager (just playing around for now) I enter
>http://hostname/manager/html and I am presented with the Tomcat manager
>page
>:)
>
>NOW here comes the problem, I would like to reference the Tomcat
manager
>page as http://hostname/tomcat/manager and have the same page
presented.
>What I do not want to do is alter the webapp deployment descriptor
>(web.xml)
>file.  I would like to alias (somehow) the context, or URI, in apache
only.
>I was thinking of something like this:
>
># Define the Manager proxy that comes with Tomcat
>[uri:/tomcat/manager/*] context=/manager info=Manager prefix mapping
>
>But, after frustrating attempts I cannot seem to get it correct.  I
have
>search the mail archives and a few people have asked similar questions,
but
>I have not see any replies.  Hope someone can help me ...
>
>Here is my simple workers2.properties file:
>
>[logger]
>level=DEBUG
>
>#[uriMap:]
>#info=Maps the requests. Options: debug #debug=0
>
># Alternate file logger
>[logger.file:0]
>level=DEBUG
>file=/home/www/runtime/logs/jk2.log
>
>[shm:]
>info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with
multiprocess
>servers
>file=/home/www/runtime/run/jk2.shm
>size=1000000
>debug=0
>disabled=0
>
>[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
>info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
>debug=5
>tomcatId=localhost:8009
>
>[status:]
>info=Status worker, displays runtime informations
>
>[uri:/jkstatus/*]
>info=Display status information and checks the config file for changes.
>group=status:
>
># Define the servlet examples proxy that comes with Tomcat
>[uri:/servlets-examples/*] info=Servlet prefix mapping
>
># Define the JSP examples proxy that comes with Tomcat
>[uri:/jsp-examples/*] info=JSP prefix mapping
>
># Define the Administration proxy that comes with Tomcat [uri:/admin/*]
>info=Admin prefix mapping
>
># Define the Manager proxy that comes with Tomcat [uri:/manager/*]
>context=/manager info=Manager prefix mapping
>

>Regards,
>Douglas WF Acheson
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

sender.  Thank you.