Stay away from hosting. Very few hosting companies have their act
together. Buy your own hardware and co-locate it if you must.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2004 4:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Have some questions, also possible contract work up for grabs

Hi everyone,

I had some questions regarding Tomcat.  Is Tomcat able to handle a
steady
stream of about 200 years efficiently without crashing, being
unreliable,
etc.. ? I personally don't know the limitations of it as I am fairly new
Java.

What would an ideal server be to handle that type of userbase?  Right
now it's
running on a 1ghz celeron with I believe 512mb of ram running linux.

Do any hosting companies offer reasonably priced colocation or flexible
accounts with tomcat, php, and mysql installed?  The IT company I work
for has
developed a great piece of software using JSP and Java technology but we
need
to get it onto a good box for production use.

Does anyone here offer services such as using SSH to install Tomcat
remotely?
We would be willing to pay for someone to install Tomcat in a short
timeframe.

The ideal person would be someone that knows Tomcat installation quite
well.
We have installed it on a couple boxes,  but usually by a lot of trial
and
error.  We would like to get it up and running properly very quickly.

If anyone is interested, please send me an email and I can send you the
details.  I apologize in advance if this is not the place for an email
like
this.  I figured this was probably one of the best places for an
experienced
Tomcat userbase.

Thank you all very much for your time,

~Graham