Hi
Having succeeded in getting jk2_mod to work thought I would document what I
did
My setup Linux RH9 basic setup, httpd-2.0.48 installed from source NOT RPM,
tomcat-4.1.29, ant-1.5.4
The following was setup in /etc/profile
JAVA_HOME="/usr/java/java"
CATALINA_HOME="/usr/local/tomcat"
PATH="$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH:$HOME/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin"
CLASSPATH="$CATALINA_HOME/bin/bootstrap.jar:$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar:$CATALI
NA_HOME/common/lib/servlet.jar"
Add the following to the EXPORT line JAVA_HOME CATALINA_HOME CLASSPATH
You will need to logout/login or restart to set the environment

Install Apache2 from source make sure you enable dynamic loading by adding
--enable-so I also like to add --enable-mods-shared=most
Ie ./configure --enable-so --enable-mods-shared=most
I installed into the default directory (/usr/local/apache2)

Install tomcat nothing unusual here I placed mine in
"/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29" and made a symbolic link from
/usr/local/tomcat

Test both are working OK then stop both

Now for the JK2 connector
Download the connector source from CVS this was the only way I could get all
the files needed
"cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:home/cvspublic checkout
jakarta-tomcat-connectors"
This will download all files into a director "jakata-tomcat-connectors"
below the current directory
This brings down all connectors the one we need is in
"jakata-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2"
Have a read of the "readme.txt" file from this we can see we need to
download 2 more files (APR, APR-UTILS) the locations are given
I placed mine in "/jakata-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2/apr"

Run buildconf
./buildconf

Before we can go further we have to modify two of the source files
"jk_channel_socket.c" and "jk_pool.c"
Both the files are in "jk/native2/common"
Jk_channel_socket.c find "#error "jk_channel_socket is deprecated" line74
just after copyright notice
Remove this line
Jk_pool.c find "#error "jk_pool is deprecated" line64 just after copyright
notice
Remove this line

Run configure
We need to add some parameters to configure:
./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apes
--with-tomcat41=/usr/local/tomcat --with-java-home=/usr/java/java --with-jni
Change all paths to suit your system
Hopefully all will go well

Run Make
./make

At the end of make you will see a message about running libtools for me it
was
Libtool --finish /usr/local/apache2/modules
This did not work for me I just copied mod_jk2.so from
"/jk/build/jk2/apache2" to /usr/local/apache2/modules
And libjkjni.so to "/usr/local/tomcat/server/lib"

Make sure apache and tomcat are not running
File jk2.properties
/usr/local/tomcat/conf/jk2.properties
handler.list=channelSocket,request
channelSocket.port=8009
channelSocket.address=127.0.0.1

File httpd.conf
/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf
Add
LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so

File workers2.properties
/usr/local/apache2/conf/workers2.properties
[shm]
file=/usr/local/apache2/logs/jk2.shm
size=1048576
debug=0
Disabled=0

[channel.socket:localhost:8009]

[status:status]
[uri:/jkstatus/*]
group=status:status

[uri:/examples/*]
Info=map the entire "examples" webapp
Debug=0

[uri:/tomcat-docs/*]

You will need to add uri for all the webapps you use

OK time to test all this
Start tomcat first can be a bit slow to start give a little time
Start apache2
Goto http://localhost you should get default apache2 goto
http://localhost:8080 you should get default tomcat page
Goto http://localhost/examples you should get tomcat directory listing if so
all done

I hope this works for you I have not tested this greatly so may still be
thinks missing
Ian