Thanks. Some of the steps surprised me in missing files, etc. Can anyone
else comment on why this would be the case?

BTW, you have a reference to "/usr/local/apache2/bin/apes", which should
probably be "/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs".

I'm also surprised that some of your directories say "jk", not "jk2". Is
that correct?

Oscar
http://daydream.stanford.edu/tomcat/install_web_services.html