J2EE 1.4 SDK (which contains Tomcat 5) uses the Single Sign on feature and it is working fine. So just add the SingleSignOn valve in your server.xml.

-- Jeanfrancois

Chris Ward wrote:

Hi,

I was asking about this subject on this list a while back
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg111700.h
tml
but I've not managed to get it working yet.

In short. I'm working on an intranet application and I want
my users to only have to log in once. If they start a new browser session it should pick up their details and not ask
them to log in.

I expect the username/password should live in a persistent cookie,
and I've been using FORM based authentication on Tomcat 4.1.23.

I've spent days faffing about with redirects from servlets to "j_security_check" (which has never worked for me) and filters
on "/" etc. etc. etc.

I came back to this today and played with Single Sign-on and Persistent sessions in the hope that might do it.

Does anyone out there have this working?

Best regards Chris