Dor Orgad wrote:

I think this thing is playing funny buggers cos with this new code its giving me the driver not found exception. ahhhh i dont know what to doooo!!!

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

An error occurred at line: 6 in the jsp file: /testing.jsp

Generated servlet error:
   [javac] Compiling 1 source file

/export/home/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/work/Standalone/localhost/_/testing_jsp.java:48: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class OraceDriver
location: package driver
java.sql.Driver driver = new oracle.jdbc.driver.OraceDriver();
^

This would indicate that Oracle's classes are not loaded up. At least not for this run :-)

An error occurred at line: 6 in the jsp file: /testing.jsp

Generated servlet error:
/export/home/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/work/Standalone/localhost/_/testing_jsp.java:50: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : method getConnection (java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String)
location: interface java.sql.Driver
java.sql.Connection con = driver.getConnection(url,"ontrack","iamontrack");

Now, this is bad. Looks like the "java.sql.*" package didn't load properly, either.

Are you sure you haven't shot your classloader full of holes?

Nix.