Apache is used to support SSL requests, in this configuration no need for tomcat to
know about https.
(of course traffic between apache and tomcat is not encrypted)

I guess port 8443 is used only when tomcat is stand-alone (or for paranoiac ;-) ).

"Server Error"
Is it a message issued by tomcat or by apache?
(if issued by tomcat you will probably see tomcat on the page displayed and some logs
messages in tomcat logs?).

Do you successfully reach static pages (not redirected to tomcat, served directly by apache) from https://myserver.com/ ?
I mean the first thing to discard is a pure SSL configuration problem (not related to tomcat, nor mod_jk).
(if needed, remove the mod_jk configuration from apache to check that SSL-alone is ok)

Could you provide us some hints about your apache configuration, mod_jk configuration and the log files (not the full log please,
only the messages related to the request on https://myserver.com/index.jsp ).

Johann DUPUIS

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

This might be a dumb comment, but you do know that Tomcat's HTTPS port is 8443 by default, defined in server.xml, right? And that is only *after* you uncomment that part of the server.xml and do all the other Tomcat SSL setup tasks. I hope this helps.