> Hi Johan
>
> It's very suspicious that websphere runs so fast and tomcat doesn't. I
> think
> there still might be a network issue.
>
> Can you modify your server.xml as follows changing the
> enableLookups="false"
> instead of enableLookups="true"
>
> <Connector  port="80" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
>                    enableLookups="true" .....
> </Connector>
>
> Maybe the reverse lookup is failing?

totally agree with that :)
the enableLookup is one parameter that should be chnaged to a default
value to false in the server.xml!!!
All my customers are using default config file & I change this parameter
in every config (no meaning for a production server to have such data)
I guess that incoming requests could be traced in a very efficient way by
any router or firewall (hardware or software as with a small linux box )

Jerome