I'm running solaris 8 intel
tomcat 3.2
apache 1.3.14

So, i thought i had all this configured properly.  But, it doesn't look like
apache is sending jspservlet requests to tomcat.  My mod_jk.so seems to have
compiled correctly (finally) and apache doesn't give any errors when it
starts.
I've tried a couple of different configs in my httpd.conf.

first I addded the following to the http.conf:
Include /usr/tomcat/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto

I get a "page cannot be displayed" when I try http://localhost/examples
this is what it logs in the access log: "GET /examples HTTP/1.1" 301 336

then I removed the Include statement and added the directives directly into
the httpd.conf:

#Load mod-jk - this is the Tomcat Apache plugin
LoadModule    jk_module  libexec/mod_jk.so
AddModule     mod_jk.c

#Configure mod_jk
JkWorkersFile /usr/tomcat/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile     /usr/local/apache/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel    warn

JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /JspServlets/* ajp13

Still no luck.