Hi.

Can you show us your ant jspc task?

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01/26/03 03:46AM >>>
Dear list members ,

Recently I've decided to redeploy some of my projects with Tomcat5.0.18.

Part of my projects are precomplied JSP files which were compiled using JSPC that came
with Tomcat4.1.29.
To my surprise those classes were not able to run properly with Tomcat5, while
deploying JSP files without precompiling worked alright.

The next step was to recompile JSP files allover using JSPC shipped with Tomcat5 and
so I did using the Latest ANT release 1.6.0.
ANT failed to complie the files with the following reason :

Buildfile: build.xml

jspc:
     [jspc] Compiling 21 source files/var/tomcat5/webapps/System/src/jsp/org/apache/jsp
  [jasperc] error:org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unrecognized option: -v9.  Use
-help for help.
  [jasperc]     at org.apache.jasper.JspC.setArgs(JspC.java:307)
  [jasperc]     at org.apache.jasper.JspC.main(JspC.java:231)

Can anyone tell me what is the issue here ? Why it is not backwards compatible ? How
can I precompile the JSP files for Tomcat 5 ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards ,
Dima Gutzeit.
MailVision LTD.