----- Original Message -----
From: "Remy Maucherat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 6:00 PM
Subject: Re: JSPC under Tomcat5.0.18

Ian Joyce wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Can you show us your ant jspc task?

> Dear list members ,
>
> Recently I've decided to redeploy some of my projects with
> Tomcat5.0.18.
>
> Part of my projects are precomplied JSP files which were compiled
> using JSPC that came with Tomcat4.1.29. To my surprise those classes
> were not able to run properly with Tomcat5, while deploying JSP files
> without precompiling worked alright.
>
> The next step was to recompile JSP files allover using JSPC shipped
> with Tomcat5 and so I did using the Latest ANT release 1.6.0. ANT
> failed to complie the files with the following reason :
>
> Buildfile: build.xml
>
> jspc: [jspc] Compiling 21 source
> files/var/tomcat5/webapps/System/src/jsp/org/apache/jsp [jasperc]
> error:org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unrecognized option: -v9.
> Use -help for help. [jasperc]     at
> org.apache.jasper.JspC.setArgs(JspC.java:307) [jasperc]     at
> org.apache.jasper.JspC.main(JspC.java:231)
>

> Can anyone tell me what is the issue here ? Why it is not backwards
> compatible ? How can I precompile the JSP files for Tomcat 5 ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

>The task provided with Ant is not up to date. Look in the Jasper docs
>for how to use the task should be used.

Thank you very much , it did compile it with the new definition. But the
compilation is raising another question:

The compiled class file names are wierd, f.e. : sys_005ffooter_jsp.class .
Where the "005f" string came from ? I believe that the "_" is causing it.
How can I prevent the JSPC from adding there chars ?

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat