I'm planning on running a new set of benchmarks in a week or two if you can wait that
long. JMeter is getting ready to release 2.0 with quite a few enhancements, so I plan
on load testing the latest Tomcat5 with JMeter 2.0.

my plan of attack right now is to update my old addressbook webapp with an application
context, update/delete features and caching. then I will throw major load at it for
48hrs generating a couple million page views.

as usual, I will publish the results when I am done on the mailing list.

peter lin

Pete Stokes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all.

I am wondering about Tomcat performance on different platforms. Any 1
know which is best / figures, running a standard Java webapp, nothing
fancy (with JTOpen to an iSeries DB if this makes any difference -
looking for 1200 users) ???

Tomcat 5.0.18 on

Win2k,
Linux (Intel desktop / Xeon / AMD64)
Sun (Linux / Solaris)

Opinions are appreciated !
Pete.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received
this email in error please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for
the presence of computer viruses.