> Howdy,

>>Would multiple Tomcat instances be run in a production environment as
well?

>Yeah, that's what I meant when I said one webapp per instance.  If you
>have multiple webapps, that's multiple tomcat instances ;)  Of course
>you can keep the admin or manager webapps also running on each instance
>if you'd like to use those.

>Yoav Shapira

Thanks... :)  I didn't ask my question correctly. :)   I was trying to ask
if the "norm" in production environments is to run multiple instances of
servlet containers, whether they be Tomcat or something else, for each
webapp deployed or is there some mixture of multiple webapps per container
and one webapp per container?  I'm just trying to get a sense of how
webapps are run in production environments.   :)

Peace...

Tom