Remy Maucherat wrote:

Josh Rehman wrote:

Amen to that brother. I wasted a lot of time having an old context load up on me with TC5 when I had removed it from server.xml.

Very, very bad idea tomcat developers!

Glad you like it :)
BTW, it's not going to change. Just stop using server.xml for your context declarations and you'll be fine.

If you're really in love with this idea, then why not, at the very least, comment out the server.xml Context for the poor, unsuspecting users, and include a note saying, "By the way, you shouldn't edit contexts here. Edit them at x/y/z/mycontext.xml". Then at least people will be merely annoyed rather than actively frustrated trying to figure out why their contexts aren't going away.

Just a suggestion.