Howdy,

>At first I was shocked that TC5 has only 15 bugs registered. Then I
>looked at the TC4 bugs: only 647, and almost all of them new.

You were probably doing the default search, which looks for NEW,
ASSIGNED, REOPENED bugs only.  The above numbers are about right for
those states, but there are many other bugs in other states, mostly
closed states.

Don't be misled by "new" TC4 bugs: new is a state that does not reflect
how long a bug has been in the system.  Many of these are duplicates,
invalid, don't contain enough information, etc, and we no longer care
about them because TC4 is in maintenance mode.

>Should I bother filing any more bugs? Are the TC developers using
>another bug system? Are they using any bug system? Speaking of which,
>who *is* developing Tomcat these days?

We use bugzilla, and check it regularly.  If you think you have a bug,
file it after discussing on the mailing list (in case it's not a bug),
and please make sure to provide a small example that makes it easy to
reproduce the behavior you're seeing.  Otherwise your issue might not
get much attention, if any.

As to who's developing tomcat: it's a transient set of people, except
for Remy who's just the man ;)  I personally have been spending more
time on the commons side of things recently, and many other tomcat
committers also move back and forth within projects.  You can see who
has commit privileges to the various tomcat repositories here:
http://www.apache.org/~jim/committers.html
Alternatively, look at the tomcat change log
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/changelog.html) and you
can see who's been doing what for each 5.x stable release.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.