Hello all,

There's much talk about how TC5 is JMX-enabled, so I'm wondering what tools are available for monitoring and administering a TC5 server.

I've checked out the manager application and it provides some basic information ( such as sessions ), but I was wondering what people's experiences were with more detailed tools ( if any exist ).

Particularly, I'm looking for monitoring software that will let me view the number of sessions, and how active my JNDI datasource are ( how many connections in the pool, how many active, etc.. ).

The manager app gives you the ability to get the number of sessions, but Datasources must be listed in the globalresources section, and to date, I haven't figured out how to describe a Resource/ResourceParams in the GlobalNamingResources section and still utilize it in my context ( I've had to list it under the Context that I wish to utilize it for ). If anyone has any hints in this department, that would be very helpful.

Finally, I'd like to know if it's possible to set up TC5 to be a JMX-enabled "server" in such a fashion that you can access it remotely using some tool like MC4J, and if so where I can find some documentation wrt. setting this up.

Again, thanks for any input you may have.

-aadi