This is an age-old argument, and besides that, I don't enjoy talking
religion.  But the advice to create a client filter really grates
sometimes.

It is *still* a waste of bandwidth. The client can't filter until I
download the 200 odd messages every morning.

Aside from the annoyance factor, I think it's only being a good
'internet citizen' to actively and aggresively manage these unnecessary
emails.  Let's clear the pipes for those important things like streaming
radio. ;)