Hello Yoav,

Thanks for your help. I'm going to try to be as explicit as possible.

I use the Smtp server from the place I'm working. Not on my computer, but in
the domain, and I use the Jdk 1.4.2_03, Tomcat 5.0.18 (last version) and I
downloaded the mail.jar and the activation.jar from Sun 4 days ago.

When I launch my class (with a main method) from Jbuilder, it works well and
I can send my message. (I put mail.jar and activation.jar in the
jdk/jre/lib/ext dir)
When I create a servlet (with the same code) and put the servlet into my
tomcat webapp/WEB-INF/classes dir, and try to connect from the same computer
using the 127.0.0.1 ip address or even if I use my internet ip address, I
always receive the error message. (Tomcat is working well for all my others
applications, but it's the first time I use the javamail api)
I tried to send a really simple text/plain message. I also tried to send a
multipart message (with an attachement), always the same problem.
I searched for my problem on the internet, and I found several peoples who
had the same problem.
The only answer I found where I didn't already do the correction was:
-There is a problem with the mailcap file from the mail.jar that must be
loaded before the activation.jar (seem to be a problem with an old version
of mail.jar, so normally, I shouldn't have it) -> Don't know how to do that
and seem to be too deep manipulations to be a good answer, but I don't know
what else to do.

It seems the problem appears because Tomcat doesn't understand the encoding
type (correct me if I'm wrong). So I tried to explicitly write the encoding
of the message, but nothing changed.

Now, I don't know anymore what to do!
Did anyone have that problem?
"javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH for MIME type
..."

Kenny Louveaux